Suicide Prevention Training
We have a range of suicide prevention programs which can be tailored to suit the needs of your organisation.
Spotting the Signs
Entry level training is all about raising awareness and being able to ‘spot the signs’ of suicide.
This 90 min programme that enables participants to be more suicide aware. This programme can be offered for up to 25 participants at a time.
‘Spotting the Signs’ – Learning outcomes:
- What do we need to look out for?
- How do we talk about suicide?
- How do we look after ourselves and others?
The next level is Suicide First Aid (S.F.A.) lite. This is a half day programme which is designed to raise awareness and offer some guidance in what to do next, whilst also promoting confidence in participants to be able to respond to that ‘gut feeling’ they may have that the conversation that they are having could be about suicide. This programme can be offered for up to 25 participants at a time.
SFA Lite – Learning outcomes:
- What is suicide? The causes of suicide thoughts and behaviour.
- How to help prevent suicide – using a 3 step guide
- Pathways to safety – connecting someone to resources.